We are committed as a company dealing with members of the public, to protecting the privacy of all individuals using our service.
PEAK Physiotherapy Limited may require personal information from an individual to support their treatment process or in order to collect appropriate information to handle their enquiry.
Personal information may include name, date of birth, address, email address, contact number, source of referral, and brief details of their condition requiring physiotherapy, and may be collected in a number of ways, depending upon the situation:
- Over the telephone e.g. to confirm details of personal information/treatment status/referral source/appointment time and date etc.
- By email, e.g. in response to a client enquiry.
- Via the website, e.g. when an individual completes the ‘contact us’ form with an enquiry.
- At Initial Assessment, where the assessing therapist completes various forms as part of the client's physiotherapy records.
- At the point of referral from an external source, e.g. through an insurance intermediary that may be referring the individual, as personal information is sent to us about the individual being referred.
- Through an informal or formal complaint, where details are required in order to handle the complaint effectively and in accordance with the Company's Complaints Policy and Procedures.
When an individual discloses personal information about themselves verbally, or in writing, they consent to our use of the information for physiotherapy purposes. This information is held and used in compliance with GDPR 2016 (see Confidentiality and Data Protection Policy).
Personal information is not disclosed to any third party without obtaining your prior consent, unless we are required to do so by the referral source (as agreed between the referral source and individual being referred), or by law.
Access to Personal Information
An individual under the care of PEAK Physiotherapy Limited has the right under GDPR 2016 to ask us to provide them with the information we hold about them and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
If an individual requires access to a copy of this information, they must request this in writing as a Data Subject Access Request. Please telephone 07908 684441 and speak to Sarah Joice regarding this process.
Once the request is received and deemed to be valid, a check will be made to establish if this information is held with PEAK Physiotherapy Limited.
Once the request has been validated, the information is gathered and assessed as to whether personal data exemptions may apply (Information Commissioner’s Office and GDPR 2016), whether the individual’s legal rights may be affected, or any other third parties may need to be informed (e.g. the referring insurance intermediary). Requests must be dealt with by PEAK Physiotherapy Liited within 30 days from receipt of the request.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping
We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, text, or mail.
We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.